Certificate of Insurance Requests

You may need to submit a certificate of insurance request to Risk Management when:

  • You attend a conference and have agreed to sponsor a booth in an exhibition hall
  • A research agreement contains an insurance clause requiring Rice to provide a certificate of insurance or proof of insurance
  • You lease a vehicle for more than six months
  • You are renting space from a facility either in Houston or out of town, e.g. restaurant, conference room, museum space, stadium, athletic event, etc.
  • You lease a piece of equipment for a short or long term, e.g. copier
  • A piece of equipment is loaned to you

If you receive a request to provide a certificate of insurance please contact the Risk Management office at riskmanagement@rice.edu.